Chiropractic Advertising – Social Media Marketing for Chiropractors: Why Facebook?
Facebook is by far the most popular and highly used social media channel today. As of March 2017 Facebook had 1.94 billion active users. People use it more than any other site and spend a lot of time each day sharing content, reviewing posts and contributing to conversations.
If your clinic does not have a Facebook business page you need to get started.
Here are some incredible Facebook statistics:
- 1.28 billion users log in to Facebook every day
- The average time spent on Facebook per visit is 20 minutes
- There was an 18% increase in Facebook users from 2016 to 2017
Previously in this blog, we have discussed what you should be posting on your practice’s Facebook page, and how you can grow the number of people who like your page. But today we’re going get specific about how to connect with local people in your community who are on Facebook every day through Facebook ads.
Facebook Ads for Your Upper Cervical Practice
Facebook ads can be an important part of your Chiropractic Internet marketing strategy. There are a variety of ways that you can use Facebook to promote your upper cervical practice to your local community. This would include boosting your posts, promoting your page to receive more likes, creating an offer that can be promoted, and creating Facebook ads that drive traffic to a landing page, either on Facebook or on your website.
Download our Facebook Ad Checklist and make sure your ads are communicating effectively to your target market.
Let’s discuss each of these in detail:
Boosting Your Posts
When you post something on your Facebook business page only a small percentage of your fans actually see it. On average approximately 16% of your fans will see your post (2 to 47% depending on the post). So if you want more people to see your posts, you need to boost them. When you boost a post you are extending your reach for that post beyond just your number of fans to include friends of your fans as well. This can be an excellent way to connect with your existing fans, but more importantly with friends of your fans. This is essentially like a referral to your page from your fans. You can boost that post for as little as 5 dollars so can be an excellent value for connecting with more people in your community.
Promoting Your Page to Receive More Likes
Another strategy for connecting with more people in your community is by promoting your page. On your admin page if you click on the left-hand side of the page, the button that says promote page it will open a new window with a variety of options. You will be able to choose the location you would like your ad to show in, the interests that the people have, the age and gender of the people, your budget and when you want your ad to be shown. So if you want to connect with more people in Louisville, Kentucky who have migraines headaches, are interested in natural health, and are thirty-five-year-old women you can do that. This can be a powerful strategy.
Create an Offer and Then Promote It
Another option that Facebook gives you is to be able to create an offer. You do this by going to your Facebook page, and going to the section where you can place a post. You will see that there are three options there status, photo/video, offer/event. When you choose offer/event you will have the ability to create a special offer and promote it to whoever you want to within your local community. You can create an offer for a complimentary consultation, a new patient special, a landing page that you have with an e-book or video series, etc. Once again, this can be an excellent way to connect with new people in your community with a call to action.
Download our Facebook Ad Checklist and make sure your ads are communicating effectively to your niche.
Facebook Ads To Drive Traffic To A Landing Page
Lastly, we are going to discuss how to use Facebook ads to drive traffic to a landing page. The first step is having a landing page that is ready to convert the person once they go there. If you haven’t read our five key elements of a landing page, you should.
Once you have a fantastic landing page, and a compelling offer the next step is to drive traffic to that landing page. Facebook ads are an excellent strategy. Here are some best practices when it comes to Facebook ads:
- Always include a clear, simple call to action in your Ad’s copy like “Click now”
Use a catchy image relevant to the text. The image is the most important element of the Ad.
Clearly, highlight the benefits of your offer
- Remember that the image of your ad cannot contain more than 20% of text or it will be rejected by Facebook.
- Monitor the frequency (number of times a unique user has seen your ad) of your campaign. If it gets too high the campaign will perform poorly. When it gets higher than 10 refresh your creatives or change target.
- Spend some time fine-tuning the right target. Targeting is probably the most critical key to Facebook Ad success. Try to understand who is your audience and target them.
- When a new Facebook Ad type is released, immediately test it. Usually, when Facebook releases new kinds of advertising, users have not yet developed banner blindness for them and their performance is much higher in the first couple of months.
- The key to a successful campaign is constant testing. Don’t assume you know what’s the best picture to use or what is the perfect audience. Keep constantly testing pictures, copies, and targets to achieve the best performances.
Need Help with Facebook Ads?
At uppercervicalmarketing.com we are experts in social media marketing for chiropractors and we run successful Facebook ad campaigns for doctors throughout the world.
The first step is to learn if Facebook ads would be a good strategy for your area.
Schedule a market analysis and blueprint with our team where we can evaluate your market and give you a blueprint for what it would take to be successful.