Google is trying to simplify the process of having business listings on Google. But in the meantime, many upper cervical doctors are confused about the differences between Google places, Google plus business pages and a Google local listing.
The first thing you want to do is make sure that you have set up a Google places listing. Google places is what shows up on Google maps and someone searches for your upper cervical practice on their desktop or mobile device. Here’s a great article on how to set up a Google places listing.
Next you are going to want to set up a Google plus business page. If you don’t know why your practice needs to be on Google plus, read this article. Without a Google plus business page you will not be able to receive Google plus local reviews.
Now that your set up with a Google places listing and a Google plus business page you will be able to receive Google plus local reviews. Local reviews on Google plus is important now and will become even more important in the future.
To learn all of the ins and outs of Internet marketing for your upper cervical practice download our free e-book The Essential Step-By-Step Guide to Internet Marketing for the Upper Cervical Chiropractor below:
It is likely that Google plus local reviews will completely overshadow yelp in the near future. As we have talked about before in this blog, if Google owns something they’re going to promote it in their search results.
Below I have outlined instructions that you can use to create a simple flowchart to give your patients so they can give your practice local reviews on Google plus. The great thing about these reviews unlike yelp is you do not have to be “active” in Google plus in order to get reviews.
1. Sign into your Google Plus page (if you’re not already signed-in)
2. First hover over the “Home” button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3. You’ll then see the “Local” button in the dropdown. Please click the “Local” button.
4. Type in the name of our clinic “Spine and Wellness Center” “Atlanta, Georgia”
5. Click the little pencil for “Write a review”
6. Please rate us however you’d like and jot down a review about your experiences with us
7. Click publish and you’re done. Thank you for your review!
1. Type “Google Plus” into Google
2. Click on this link https://plus.google.com/
3. In the top-right corner, click the “Sign Up” button. If you have a Google acct. but not a Plus page, simply log in.
4. Fill in the fields on the right. Google will ask you to add a bunch of details to your profile —but feel free to skip these steps until you’re on your Plus page
5. Sign into your Google Plus page (if you’re not already signed-in)
6. First hover over the “Home” button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
7. You’ll then see the “Local” button in the dropdown. Please click the “Local” button.
8. Type in the name of our clinic “Spine and Wellness Center” “Atlanta, Georgia”
9. Click the little pencil for “Write a review”
10. Please rate us however you’d like and jot down a review about your experiences with us
11. Click publish and you’re done. Thank you for your review!
It is a bit complicated, but unlike yelp reviews these reviews will stick and help your practice for years to come.
Sign up for our 5 Star doc automated review gathering service by clicking the image below.