This is a guest blog post by Dr. Noel Lloyd from Five-Star Management.
Not enough new patients is the #1 problem chiropractors’ face and has been for my 30+ years as a coach.
Nothing hurts a practice more than bad new patient numbers and nothing helps it more than fixing the new patient problem.
In fact, if you beat the new patient problem, all other practice problems will be fun and exciting. Such as, “Where do we put ‘em all?” But if you struggle with new patients then nothing’s any fun.
Additionally, it’s my experience that chiropractic is so powerful that if you get the new patient thing right, you will help lots of people, have lots of fun and make lots of money – even if you’re a mediocre chiropractor.
Because getting lots of new patients is THAT important, and I promise you it is, why don’t we layout the fastest, most effective and most logical solution I know to the new patients problem.
It’s the solution every $1M Five Star client I coach uses everyday and swears by as a KEY PIECE to their practice success.
It’s the solution that allowed me to build 10 successful clinics and develop 70+ successful associates.
Do I have your attention?
But first, let me ask what your office would look like if you solved the new patient problem?
Busy? Energetic? Fun?
Yes, yes and yes.
Your schedule would be full; your associates’ schedules would be full. Your power hours would be packed. Your volume would be at record levels and the days would fly by.
I have lived this and help people everyday achieve this level of success.
AND here’s why it’s so much fun – you don’t do any of the marketing. You get to stay in the office caring for patients while SOMEONE ELSE brings the new patients in the door.
Do I have your attention?
What you need is an external marketer. What I call a community outreach assistant or COA.
Here are the 3 Keys to having great new patients in the door from an external marketer or COA.
- You need ONE Killer New Patient Program: Instead of 3-5 or more new patient projects, you need just ONE new patient program that has these 3 important features:
- Feature #1: Rapid Event Setup Template – It’s easy to set or get the event and easy to do.
- Feature #2: Plug-n-Play so you can cross train associates and CA’s to participate.
- Feature #3: Top Producer where you get 66% to show up and 66% to commit to care. In other words, if you make 100 appointments, 66 will show up and 44 will commit money to care.
- You need a GREAT external marketer or, what we call, a Community Outreach Assistant.
Here’s how to get one:
- Feature #1: You need a Hiring Kit, which puts lots of prospects into a group interview and test for aptitude. In my group interviews, I