SEO for Chiropractors
When it comes to SEO for Chiropractors specifically search engine optimization for chiropractic websites it’s crucial to have a very firm grasp on your keyword strategy. There are many keywords that you could rank for that you may not want to rank. Search engine optimization in many ways is about standing out from the crowd and connecting with the people who you want to attract into your practice.
So the first step is determining the keywords that your chiropractic practice website should rank for and in order of priority and then you can set up a strategy to rank your website for those keywords.
General Chiropractor SEO Strategy
Many online marketing companies will focus on ranking you for the keyword (Your town) chiropractor as a primary focus of their strategy.
A noted chiropractic Internet marketing consultant once said, “I imagine a person with one hand on their back and one hand on the mouse.”
If this is the type of patient that you are primarily focused on seeing in your Upper Cervical Practice then without a doubt, you want to rank #1 for your town chiropractor and more.
Here’s a good list:
- (Your town) Chiropractor
- (Your town) (State Abbrev) Chiropractic
- (Your town) (State Abbrev.) Chiropractor
- (Your town) (State Abbrev.) Chiropractors
- (Your town) Chiropractic
- (Your town) Chiropractors
- Chiropractor (Your town)
- Chiropractors in (Your Town)
- Chiropractors (Your town)
- (Your zip code) Chiropractor
- (Your zip code) Chiropractic
- Chiropractor (Your zip code)
- (Your zip code) Chiropractic
- Chiropractic (Your zip code)
- Chiropractic Office (Your zip code)
- Chiropractic Office (Your town)
- Chiropractic (Your town)
- Chiropractic Doctor (Your town)
- Chiropractor Doctor (Your town)
- Chiropractic Physician (Your town)
People who search for these types of keywords are typically focused on relief only and likely already have a predefined notion of what type of care they need (i.e. “I just need someone to crack my back”). So you may think twice about primarily focusing on this general Chiropractor SEO strategy.
Prioritizing Your Keyword Strategy
Now I’m not suggesting that there is no value associated with the general chiropractic search engine optimization strategy outlined above but I am suggesting that for an Upper Cervical Chiropractic Practice this should not be your primary search engine optimization strategy.
To attract the types of new patients that upper cervical chiropractors typically want to attract and the types of patients who tend to be high-quality patients who will stay, pay and refer a good SEO prioritization is the following:
- Upper Cervical/Technique Specific Keywords For Your Local Area
- Condition Specific Keywords for Your Local Area
- General Chiropractic Keywords for Your Local Area
The best way we have found to search engine optimize an upper cervical chiropractic website is to focus first on upper cervical and technique related keywords such as:
- Upper Cervical Chiropractor (Your town)
- Upper Cervical Chiropractors in (Your Town)
- Upper Cervical Chiropractors (Your town)
- (Your town) Upper Cervical Chiropractor
- (Your town) (State Abbrev) Upper Cervical Chiropractic
- (Your town) (State Abbrev.) Upper Cervical Chiropractor
- (Your town) (State Abbrev.) Upper Cervical Chiropractors
- (Your town) Upper Cervical Chiropractic
- (Your town) Upper Cervical Chiropractors
- Upper Cervical Care (Your town)
- Upper Cervical (Your town)
- (your technique) Chiropractic (Your town)
- (your technique) Chiropractor (Your town)
These are the keywords that every upper cervical practice should be ranking #1 on page #1 in Google search results in a smaller market. In a medium or large competitive market, you would want to be ranked in the top 3 for your area at least.
For the basics of where to position these keywords in your website see this post-https://uppercervicalmarketing.com/blog/basics-of-search-engine-optimization-for-your-upper-cervical-website/.
Ranking for these keywords will make sure that anyone in your local area who is looking for an upper cervical specialist or specifically a specialist in your upper cervical technique such as NUCCA, Atlas Orthogonal, Orthospinology, Blair, etc. will find you.
Condition Specific SEO for Chiropractors
Once your website has been search engine optimized for the upper cervical related keywords above the next focus should be on condition-specific keywords.
These are the keywords that someone with a particular condition would be searching for in your area. Now you have to be careful with your local regulatory agency when it comes to the use of certain words in your website that patients would be searching for such as specialist, treatment, cure etc.
But if you want to attract more migraine patients to your practice you would want to make sure that you are ranking for migraine related keywords such as:
- migraine relief (your town)
- migraine relief (Your Town) (State Abbrev)
- (Your town) (State Abbrev) migraine relief
- (your town) migraine relief
This would apply to any condition that you would like to see more patients from that group (vertigo, fibromyalgia, TMJ, post-concussion syndrome etc.). You want to make sure that you are writing blog content and have pages on your website that are specific to these keywords for the different conditions that you are looking to focus on.
Once you have some blog posts that you have created or someone has created for you that is focused on the target conditions the next step is establishing particular blog posts as cornerstone content.
Cornerstone content needs to be at least 900 words and be a thorough explanation of the condition, the upper cervical approach and why it helps so many people who suffer from this condition.
Once you have a good long form article about your target keyword next you want to create other blog articles with other related keywords and create back links to your cornerstone article.
You would also want to link all of your cornerstone content articles from your homepage so that shows Google that these are the most important articles on your website.
Having a well-thought-out and effective search engine optimization strategy in place for your upper cervical practice will help you attract high-quality new patients for years to come.
If you want help establishing an effective search engine optimization strategy as part of a comprehensive plan to generate new patients online schedule a market analysis and blueprint with our team.