While setting up for yet another health talk, it was then that Dr. James realized he was missing out. Sure, his practice was going along well enough but there hadn’t been any growth in months…despite countless efforts. “If I have to do one more screening I’m going to lose it” Dr. James thought to himself. Working nights and weekends had been especially challenging lately and was starting to take a toll on him and his family. James sighed at the thought of missing his son’s first soccer game that evening. “I’m just spinning my wheels,” James muttered to himself as he prepared his presentation, “…pouring my life into this practice…something has to change.”
If you feel like you’re wasting time trying marketing ideas that aren’t working…you’re not alone. The good news is…
You can win back your nights and weekends with marketing you LOVE!
3 Main Areas of Focus:
Let’s look at each area and the steps you can take to stop wasting time and start loving your marketing:
- Build a Team: You can save yourself a lot of time and headache if you have staff to assist you. Yes, you can go solo, but how much better would the practice be if you had others to free you up, fill any gaps or provide additional insights? Don’t try to do it all…identify the areas you need covered and start looking!
- Hire the RIGHT People: The upper cervical practice owner is an entrepreneur with vision. Hire the right people that fit in with your philosophy, style and values so they complement the practice. Hire gifted and talented people who are strong in areas that you are weak. Together, as a team, you’ll be strongest! Alternatively, hiring the WRONG people will frustrate you and will be counterproductive. So, take your time and hire right…and if someone on your team isn’t a good fit, set them free.
“You have got to make sure that you have the right people on your team and the wrong people off of your team.” – Dr. Bill Davis, Upper Cervical Practice Mastery
- Delegate Often: Once you have your dream team in place…use them! Keep yourself free to take care of patients and delegate everything that doesn’t tie in to your specific strengths and passion. Failure to delegate will to stunt practice growth, waste your time, and jeopardize your passion and focus. Instead, lean on your team for creative ideas and implementation of strategies!
- Identify Your Marketing Budget and Goals: How much should you be spending on your marketing? What are the goals you would like to see accomplished? Periodically take some time to answer these questions so you know where you’re going and the resources allocated. Here is a FREE TOOL to help you determine your recommended marketing budget.
“If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time.” – Zig Ziglar
- Schedule your Marketing: Once you figure out what goals to shoot for and the budget to get you there, it’s time to start planning your schedule. Don’t let good intentions with no implementation be your downfall! Put the specific action items on your calendar so they get done. Here is a FREE chiropractic marketing calendar to help you follow through.
- Track the Results: After scheduling your marketing you’ll need to review the results. Have your team record the results of each strategy (see below for strategies) and be sure to schedule regular meetings with your team to review the data. You will find a rhythm and increased effectiveness as you make any adjustments along the way (don’t forget to delegate).
- Professional Referrals: Who in your community would be a great source of professional referrals? Dentists, MDs and even other chiropractic doctors can provide a consistent stream of new patients. Start networking and building relationships!
- Online Reviews: Your online reputation is hugely important in a digital age. If you don’t have 25 or more 5star reviews on Google and Facebook, you’re hurting your new patient conversion. Have your office team consistently ask your patients to “share their success story so others can get the help they need!”
- Upper Cervical Website: Many people will go to your website before making an appointment. So, having a site that is engaging and represents who you are and what you do is a MUST. An upper cervical website will help people be more informed, save you time and increase new patient consultation requests. Websites are definitely key part to loving your marketing!
- SEO, Paid Ads & More: Maybe you’re hating your marketing because people can’t even find you online. Search engine optimization will help your search rankings while paid ads actively reach out to potential patients. When done right, the combination of these can really help free up time and increase collections. For more ideas on marketing strategies, check out this blog.
Lastly, to help you stop wasting time and start loving your marketing, you may want to consider hiring a professional marketing specialist. There is often a benefit of having an outside marketing team working for you that has the resources and expertise needed to get the best results when it comes to online presence, reputation and attracting the RIGHT kind of new patient.
If you might be interested in using an upper cervical marketing team, consider Upper Cervical Marketing. We have been an expert in upper cervical chiropractic marketing for over 5 years. We have helped over 200 Upper Cervical Doctors in 4 different countries (including over 30 U.S. states) to connect with over 20,000 new patients, revolutionize their online presence, and grow their practice through digital marketing.
Here is what some of our clients have to say:
I hope that the information shared in this blog will assist you in bringing positive change as you implement the suggested steps. Whatever you choose to do, don’t wait to WIN BACK YOUR FREEDOM and LOVE YOUR MARKETING! It’s time to take upper cervical to the world!