The Importance of Blogging
Blogging is an important part of online marketing. Upper cervical blog posts help to improve your website, your search results, give you content for your social media posts, newsletters and more. Creating upper cervical specific original content for your website is a crucial part of what we do at Upper Cervical Marketing
and what you should be doing if you are a do-it-yourselfer. Here is a breakdown of the importance of all aspects of online marketing that we do as part of our Upper Cervical Marketing System
And although blogs by themselves are only about 5% of the total online marketing picture, because they are used in social media posting, to strengthen websites, for search engine optimization and newsletters you can see that blogging has a direct impact on 35% of online marketing.
Optimizing an Upper Cervical Blog Post
Previously we talked about the first step in a successful chiropractic online marketing campaign which is choosing strategy and keywords. Next you need to choose what to write a blog post about and we have written about that extensively in other blogs. But after you write an upper cervical blog post the next step is to optimize it for Google and other search engines. You want to primarily write for people not search engines but you also want to make it as easy as possible for Google to find the blog without keyword stuffing or other black hat search engine optimization tactics.
So here’s a checklist to follow:
- Make Sure Your Keywords Appear in…
- Your title
- Your URL
- Your meta-description
- The first hundred words of your blog
- At least one heading
- Optimize the Length of Your Article to 300 to 600 Words and include keywords. As a general rule of thumb try to put your search terms in about 1 to 2% of your text. So in an article of 300 words you should mention your keywords about 6 times.
- Use Associated Keywords. If you are writing about relief of migraine headaches in Los Angeles then it would be appropriate to use other associated keywords like migraine headache relief, headache relief in Los Angeles, natural relief of migraines and other associated keywords.
- Link to Previous Content. If you’ve written some other content on this subject matter make sure you link to it in this new blog post. You can also go back to your old blog post and link to this new blog post. Cross-linking is important to search engine optimization….just don’t go overboard.
- Alt Tags on Images. Google cannot read your images. So it is important to alt tag your images with your keywords.
There are many other steps you can take in writing blog posts but these steps are the most important.
Grab Our Online Marketing Overhaul Mini-Class to Learn How to Engage with Potential New Patients Online.
Getting More Help
If you like to learn more about blogging and online marketing download our complimentary e-book The Essential Step-By-Step Guide to Internet Marketing for the Upper Cervical Chiropractor by clicking the button below.